Sunday 14 June 2009

Bisy backsun

Sorry I have been absent for so long - the final days of dissertation shall be blamed. It's due in tomorrow, and is all complete! Comes in at 10,998 words - so a couple to spare, having been dragged in from over 14,200. I always write too much... except, it seems, on this blog...

Today was very exciting for different reasons - I got baptised, at Oxford Community Church. I was able to give my testimony to the church, talking about deciding to follow Jesus and my life with Him. Terrifying to speak in front of everyone, but definitely worth it. A tiring few days...
(I love this stained glass window of Jesus' baptism, which I've taken from the website of a church in Texas)


But I will be back soon (or backsun, as Christopher Robin might say) with lots of different books recently read. Watch this space.

9 comments:

  1. Big week for you, with both a completed dissertation and a baptism. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you, Simon. I have a feeling how much this day meant to you.

    I forget sometimes, having once been Catholic, that not everyone is baptized as a baby. Personally, I think your way is better. You're old enough to know what you're doing, and that this is what you want.

    Sending all love your way!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on yesterday's baptism - I am very pleased for you. I should mention that the title of your post has definitely lightened up my Monday morning - I'd forgotten that story so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May God bless you friend !

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless your life in Christ! And also your dissertation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your baptism, and your completed dissertation. What a momentous week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Simon, on everything.

    I have been absent from blogging for so long that I don't think I even know the subject matter of your MA. But may you succeed gigantically.

    And the very best of luck finding funding for your doctorate ... are we allowed to know what subject you will pursue, if funding makes it possible?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all!

    Angela - research will be (hopefully) on a vague mixture of middlebrow, Freud and fantastic... I don't think I've ever quite elucidated what my Masters was itself on, so I'll do that soon.

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.